Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Money in the Wind

Unexpected Supply Lines are Forming!
Watch for your heavenly Provision!
Here is how I learned the provision of God. When I left home in New England to go to Oral Roberts University, in Oklahoma, I had a suitcase, a trunk, a scholarship and 50 dollars. My family did not have resources to support me so I was on my own with my hand firmly in the Lord's. And I learned to trust. When I needed to do my laundry, I found money. On the ground. All the time. Usually in the prayer gardens at the University. I remember one time in particular that I needed money for something that I had to have like shampoo or laundry detergent. It had snowed and the ground was frozen. And there it was, a $20.00 bill on laying on top of the snow. No footprints around it. I grew to know that my needs would be met. This particular time became a benchmark for me. It was a time I looked back on over and over and thought of the blessings of the Lord.
I love to tell other stories of how the Lord provided me with resources as I studied for my degree.
Sometimes relatives would mail me small amounts of cash like $5.00 and I was so blessed to have the money to take care of an immediate need. Usually never early but never late did the funds arrive. I went through four years of college like this. Trusting, expecting and finding blessings in very unexpected places. This was a great training ground for a ministry life.
Whenever there was an offering taken in one of the meetings, I would be so excited. I would reach into my wallet and give every penny that I had. After all, it was miracle money and the Lord was my provision. I remember literally shaking my change purse into the offering plates to make sure it was all given to the Lord. I had learned the lesson of wild abandoned giving and was living in a time of what I like to call the cruse of oil. That refers to the Biblical account of Elijah and the never empty cruse of oil of the widow who prepared first the cake for the man of God and then tended to her and her son's needs.
One time years later, I was in a parking lot and the  Oklahoma wind was just swirling. And then I saw the most amazing thing happen.  Money, I mean lots of cash, swirling by and no one was chasing it. So I stopped and picked it up. Yes it was literally money in the wind.
Beloved friends, we may be headed into times where we must rely on a new supply chain of unexpected blessings. But God knows the supply routes. He has not forgotten the recipe for manna as I heard it put recently. Our source is not the world's supply lines but heavenly supply lines.
And I love God's faithful reminders!
Many years later in a  time when Marc was in job transition, he had gone to Walmart to pick up a few items. I was praying and asking the Lord for favor and blessing to help us through this transition. Marc came home and said, "Hey guess what I found on the floor at Walmart?" What? "A $20.00 bill!" I laughed out loud and the Lord's sure message to me. A prayer garden, a mail box, a parking lot, a store floor, God has a way of sending us just what we need at the right moment. Be watching for my blog on hidden treasures revealed. You won't want to miss that one. This is Pastor Susan Living the Everyday Prophetic Life and watching for the wind that carries the supply!

1 comment:

  1. I love your testimonies, Sisters Susan. We live under an open heaven!
    Love Lois

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog! Be Blessed! Pastor Susan